Opportunity for unpaid communications volunteer
The Federal Court is an international exemplar of judicial development and, as Australia's largest superior court, has dedicated significant resources over the years to facilitating cooperation between superior courts around the world. The Court's objective in collaborating with other jurisdictions is to promote respect for the rule of law and provide judicial development assistance, particularly in the Asia and Pacific region.
The International Programs Unit manages the Court’s portfolio of international collaborations. We are seeking a Communications Volunteer to support our work. The Volunteer may be located in either Sydney or Brisbane. The Volunteer is required for a minimum of two days a week for a period of three months.
The Communications Volunteer position provides an opportunity for a communications whizz to explore creative methods, formats and content for the Unit to communicate about its international work to a variety of audiences. The role is unpaid and applicants are expected to meet all their own costs.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and knowledgeable individual with a youthful perspective to assist us in conceptualising and executing effective communication strategies.
The Volunteer will be selected on the basis of the following attributes and skills:
- Knowledge of and experience in developing multimedia communication tools, including websites, social media presence/content, and newsletters;
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of a team, as well as undertake independent learning;
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to provide dynamic, creative ideas and attention to detail for effective work performance;
- High level oral and written communication skills; and
- Demonstrated workplace professionalism.
To submit an application, please forward a resume (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) describing your skills and experience relevant to the role to Nicole Cherry, Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your availability and preferred location in your cover letter and ensure your application is in either Word or PDF format. All applications must be received by close of business on Friday 6 September, 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. For further enquiries, contact Nicole Cherry by email.