Public Interest Cases (Online Files)
In high profile cases or in cases where there are a high number of media requests for file access, the Court will establish an online file where publicly accessible material will be placed.
Consistent with Rule 2.32 of the Federal Court Rules 2011 restricted documents, such as affidavits and exhibits, only become public once admitted into evidence and approved by the Judge.
Material will be added here as it becomes available.
Basic case details of all Federal Court matters - including court events and orders - can be found on the Commonwealth Courts Portal.
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation v Martin Kane & Ors
- Sanda v PTTEP Australasia (Ashmore Cartier)
- Friends of Leadbeater's Possum Inc v VicForests
- Geoffrey Rush v Nationwide News Pty Limited & Anor
- Wotton v State of Queensland