Public Interest Cases (Online Files)
In high profile cases or in cases where there are a high number of media requests for file access, the Court will establish an online file where publicly accessible material will be placed.
Consistent with Rule 2.32 of the Federal Court Rules 2011 restricted documents, such as affidavits and exhibits, only become public once admitted into evidence and approved by the Judge.
Material will be added here as it becomes available.
Basic case details of all Federal Court matters - including court events and orders - can be found on the Commonwealth Courts Portal.
- Minister for the Environment v Sharma
- COVID-19 Business interruption insurance test cases
- Adam Fletcher v Christopher Brown
- Christian Porter v ABC
- Joanne Dyer v Sue Chrysanthou
- Ben Roberts-Smith v Fairfax Media & Ors
- ASIC v Melissa Caddick & Anor
- In the matter of Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd (Administrators Appointed)
- Sanda v PTTEP Australasia (Ashmore Cartier)
- Friends of Leadbeater's Possum Inc v VicForests
- Wotton v State of Queensland
- Gary Newman v Minister for Health and Aged Care (finalised 17 May 2021)
- Geoffrey Rush v Nationwide News Pty Limited & Anor (finalised 30 October 2020)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation v Martin Kane & Ors (finalised 6 April 2020)