International Programs - Volunteer Opportunities
The Court’s International Programs Unit regularly engages volunteers to assist with its work in international judicial development. It typically engages volunteers to assist at the Court’s Principal Registry in Sydney for a minimum of two days a week for a period of three months. The volunteer program provides an opportunity for university students to gain practical experience in judicial development projects and to meaningfully learn about the processes involved in implementing such projects within the professional environment of the Court. The volunteer roles are unpaid and applicants are expected to meet all their own costs.
Volunteers will be mentored by experienced International Programs staff and will have the opportunity to learn and gain skills in:
- Researching various aspects of international judicial development and international projects;
- Drafting briefings, training and other preparatory materials;
- Day-to-day logistical and administrative arrangements for international projects and visits;
- Internal and external communication relating to the functions of projects, including newsletters, proposals and reports; and
- Collecting, analysing and reporting on project data.
Students will be selected on the basis of the following attributes and skills:
- Knowledge/interest in international law, judicial reform and/or international development;
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of a team, as well as undertake independent learning;
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to follow procedural guidelines and attention to detail for effective work performance;
- High level oral and written communication skills; and
- Demonstrated workplace professionalism.
Currently, the International Programs Unit is not recruiting volunteers. However, please continue to check our website for updates and, if you have any questions or would like to apply for a future volunteer program, feel free to contact Acting International Programs Coordinator Susan Jenkins at email@example.com or on (02) 9230 8953.