Employment in the Federal Court
The Federal Court of Australia offers exciting employment opportunities across a range of functions in registries located in all capital cities.
The Court is committed to the principles of workplace diversity and actively encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders.
Conditions of Engagement (Enterprise Agreement)
Staff of the Court are employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
The terms and conditions of employment for staff are set out in the Court’s Enterprise Agreement.
How do I get more information about a vacancy?
You may obtain further specific information regarding any vacancy by contacting the nominated person or registry specified in the advertisement.
To be eligible for employment, applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen;
- satisfy an Australian Federal Police records check;
- undergo a health check if needed; and
- obtain a security clearance to the appropriate level if applicable to the position.
If you have accepted a redundancy benefit from the Australian Public Service please refer to the APSC guidelines regarding your eligibility to apply for vacancies.
How do I apply?
Before you apply for a vacancy you should read the selection documentation which includes the job description, selection criteria and any other information.
Your application must include:
- a completed application cover sheet, including personal particulars and a daytime contact telephone number
- a current and concise resume outlining your career history and either a short statement of claims against each selection criteria or covering letter referring to the selection criteria (whichever is specified in the position documentation)
- qualifications and formal and informal training relevant to the position.