How to Track a Case
Using the Commonwealth Courts Portal (CCP)
By registering as a user of the CCP, it is possible to track a case so that you are informed when there is any activity in that case. This includes when a new listing date is added, when a document is lodged or when Judge's orders or judgments are delivered.
Please note, only parties and their legal representatives are able to view documents lodged in a case, and only if those documents are available electronically; Judges' orders and judgments, on the other hand, can be viewed by anyone.
How to register
1. Go to the Commonwealth Courts Portal and click on the Login link.
2. Click on the Register now link and follow the instructions.
How to track (or star) a case
1. Login to the Commonwealth Courts Portal.
2. Click on Federal Law Search on the main page.
3. The search screen will display - search for the case you wish to track.
4. When you've found the case, click on the star next to it.
5. Next time you login, you can check on any recent activity by clicking on Show recent activities.
6. This is an example of the Recent Activity page:
How to set-up email notifications
7. Once you've found the case, click on the file number to display the case details.
8. Click on one of the Application Titles; in this case there are two - 'Intellectual Property' is the originating application.
9. Click on Notify me by email of activity on this application.
11. You will be asked to confirm - click OK.
12. You can cancel the notification at any time by clicking on the link in step 10, which now reads Do not notify me by email of activity on this application.