Access to Reserved Judgments

If a practitioner is concerned about a delay in delivering a reserved judgment in a case in which he or she is acting, the practitioner should raise the matter with the President of the Bar Association or Law Society of the State or Territory in which the case was heard, providing the name of the parties, the name of the judge or judges whose decision is reserved and the date on which the decision was reserved.

The President will refer the inquiry to the Chief Justice without disclosing the identity of the practitioner expressing concern.  The Chief Justice will look into the matter and, if appropriate, take it up with the judge or judges concerned. Complaints of this nature can also be made directly by letter addressed to the Chief Justice. If the letter is to be sent to the Chief Justice, as with all correspondence with the Court, all parties to the proceeding should be supplied with a copy.

The Court has a goal of delivering each judgment within three months from the date on which the judgment was reserved.


Was this page useful?

What did you like about it?

How can we make it better?

* This online submission is protected by captcha
Security key

Can't read the security key? Click here to get a new key