Administrative Notice ACT 2
This Administrative Notice is REVOKED
On 25 October 2016, as part of the National Court Framework (NCF) reforms, all existing Administrative Notices were revoked and 26 new national practice notes were issued, effective immediately.
There will no longer be any administrative state-based notices.
To assist Court users to understand the changes to the practice documents, the Court has prepared:
Proceedings conducted in accordance with the Fast Track Directions
Australian Capital Territory Districy Registry
1. This Notice sets out the administrative arrangements in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Registry for proceedings that are to be conducted in accordance with Practice Note No CM 8 – Fast Track (‘the Fast Track Directions’) and replaces Administrative Notice ACT 2 issued 25 September 2009.
2. The coordinating Judge for fast track proceedings in the Australian Capital Territory Registry is Justice Stone.
3. An applicant who wishes a proceeding to be conducted in accordance with the Fast Track Directions must comply with Rule 8.05 of the Federal Court Rules 2011 by filing and serving with the originating application an affidavit verifying the relevant parts of the Fast Track Statement. The affidavit may be incorporated into the Fast Track Statement. If the affidavit is not incorporated into the Statement, a copy of the Statement must be annexed to the affidavit.
4. At the Scheduling Conference, unless it is or has been ordered that the proceeding no longer be conducted in accordance with the Fast Track Directions, an order will be made that “Compliance with the requirements of the Federal Court Rules 2011 is dispensed with to the extent that they are inconsistent with the Fast Track Directions as they apply to this proceeding”.
5. The Court’s Fast Track regime does not limit the right of a party to seek an expedited hearing of a proceeding that is not the subject of the Fast Track Directions from the Judge in whose docket the proceeding is listed.
ACT District Registrar
2 August 2011