Changes to eLodgment
Automatic Acceptance of Bankruptcy Creditors Petitions and Corporations Winding Up applications
9 October 2017
The expected changes to eLodgment were not introduced over the weekend 7 & 8 October due to a technical issue. Our IT team is working with the vendor to isolate the issue. We will follow up with more communication around the expected timeframe of when this issue will be fixed.
Bankruptcy Creditors Petitions and Corporations Winding Up Applications will continue to be reviewed and processed by the registry staff until this issue is resolved.
Thank you for your patience.
October 7, 2017 - Reintroduction of automatic acceptance
The Federal Court of Australia will make changes to eLodgment on Saturday 7 October 2017. These changes will reintroduce the automatic acceptance process for Bankruptcy Creditors Petitions and Corporations Winding Up applications.
- Automatic acceptance will apply to the following originating applications:
Federal Court of Australia forms:
Creditors petition: Federal Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016 Form B6
Corporations Action with the Case Type Winding Up: Originating process: Federal Court (Corporations) Rules 2000 Form 2
Federal Circuit Court forms:
FCC Creditors petition: Federal Circuit Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016 Form B6
Automatic acceptance applications and supporting documents are not checked by registry staff. This will mean you obtain your stamped documents sooner.
- You will be able to view available hearing dates within an appropriate timeframe and you can select a court date that suits you.
- A file title will be generated automatically based on the parties and sequence of parties you enter. You will be asked to accept this file title. This file title will then apply to your service copy documents and cannot be changed unless ordered by the Court.
You will need to:
- complete all incomplete lodgements before Saturday 7 October.
- recreate your templates after this upgrade.
- from Monday 9 October, have your or your practitioner’s diary ready so you can select your preferred dates.
- have the correct party names to create the file title.
Questions and Answers
What happens if my lodgment is not automatically accepted?
If your lodgment was not automatically accepted by the system, it will be processed by Registry staff.
How will urgent Creditor Petitions and Winding Up applications be handled in eLodgment?
Urgent lodgments will be flagged for urgent attention and will be processed by Registry staff.
Videos will open in YouTubeeLodgment changes - Part 1
Duration: 6:16 mins
Duration: 9:26 mins